Monday, June 6, 2011

Companies That Give Back: Flaunt by Faith Nicole

Name of Company: Flaunt by Faith Nicole

Years in Business: 1

Main Products: Travel bags and accessories

In what ways do you give back? Donating a percentage of gross sales on Palazzo Pink Tote Bag

How did you decide what to do? A personal connection to breast cancer

Why is giving back important to you? “My family has instilled in me the importance of giving back,” says Faith Nicole, Flaunt designer and owner. “I have worked at my church and with my family on projects like Hope for Haiti. I have seen the differences giving back can make in people’s lives. Now it is my turn. In my business plan, I have a long-term goal of establishing a foundation to support women’s issues. I believe I can achieve this some day. For now, I have set up a portion of the profits from my Palazzo Pink Tote Bag to go to a cause very dear to my heart, the Susan G. Komen Foundation. My grandmother and aunt were both diagnosed with breast cancer. The thought of losing them was devastating. Early detection and early treatment saved them. Our family was lucky. Susan G. Komen’s goal is to make early detection and treatment available to every woman no matter what her means. And with their research programs, we may be able to at last overcome breast cancer with a cure.”

No comments:

Post a Comment